April 16, 2015
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2015:
- Bentley University: Scott A. Blackmun, chief executive officer of the United States Olympic Committee; and Laura Sen, president and CEO of BJ’s Wholesale Club.
- Boston College: Chicago Archbishop Blase Joseph Cupich.
- California State University at Fullerton: Julián Castro, secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and Richard Lui, an MSNBC anchor.
- Iona College: Dorothy H. Wickenden, executive editor of The New Yorker.
- Liberty University: Jeb Bush, the former Florida governor who is seeking the Republican nomination for president.
- Mansfield University: U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel (retired) Jim Reese, founder, chairman and CEO of TigerSwan.
- Naropa University: Parker Palmer, the author.
- Nyack College: Juan Hernández, founder of the Center for U.S.-Mexico Studies at the University of Texas at Dallas; Frances Pratt, president of the Nyack branch of the NAACP; and Edward Ong, a builder and property developer.
- Oberlin College: Marian Wright Edelman, founder and president of the Children's Defense Fund.
- Saint Mary’s College of California: Chris Matthews, host of Hardball with Chris Matthews; and Monika Fahlbusch, senior vice president and chief people and administrative officer at BMC Software.
- State University of New York at Albany: Robert J. Jones, president of the university; and Penelope Andrews, president of the Albany Law School.
- University of Indianapolis: Edwidge Danticat, the author.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading