December 2, 2015
- Sylvia Alva, dean of the College of Health and Human Development at California State University-Northridge, has been named provost and vice president for academic affairs at California State Polytechnic University at Pomona.
- Julianna M. Barnes, vice president of student services at San Diego Mesa College, in California, has been selected as president of Cuyamaca College, also in California.
- Larry Calhoun, provost of Southeastern Technical College, in Georgia, has been appointed as president there.
- Jon Connolly, vice president and academic dean at Kennebec Valley Community College, in Maine, has been chosen as president of Sussex County Community College.
- Eric R. Jensen, provost at Hamline University, in Minnesota, has been appointed as president of Illinois Wesleyan University.
- Christopher B. Howard, president of Hampden-Sydney College, in Virginia, has been named president of Robert Morris University, in Pennsylvania.
- Eric F. Spina, vice chancellor and provost at Syracuse University, in New York, has been chosen as president of the University of Dayton.
- Margaret Venable, interim president of Dalton State College, in Georgia, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- David Yager, dean of the arts division and distinguished professor of art at the University of California at Santa Cruz, has been appointed as president of University of the Arts, in Pennsylvania.
- Bonne Zabolotney, interim dean of graduate studies at Emily Carr University of Art + Design, in Vancouver, British Columbia, has been promoted to vice president, academic and provost.
Read more by
Today’s News from Inside Higher Ed
Inside Higher Ed’s Quick Takes
What Others Are Reading