Create Job Changes Information
Your Job Change will appear as soon as it is approved. Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to post or reject any submissions.
Guidelines for submission:
- Job changes include any new appointments or promotions involving a change of title, including endowed professorships; the awarding of tenure without a change of title will not be considered a job change, but such promotions may be emailed to email@example.com for inclusion in our occasional "newly tenured" feature.
- Job changes may involve moves from one institution to another or to a new position at the same institution. (If the position involves a change at the same institution, please leave the box labeled “Former University or Institution” blank.)
- Job changes include those at colleges and universities, academic organizations, and businesses and nonprofit organizations with a strong relevance to higher education.
- Job changes should be for potentially permanent or semi-permanent positions, including adjuncts and other non-tenure track academic positions, but not visiting scholars and others whose long-term employment is with another institution. Likewise, interim positions are not included, but if an interim is appointed to his or her position permanently, that is considered a job change.
- We ask that you submit names without accompanying titles or degrees such as Dr., Ph.D., Esq., etc.; the titles of clergy, however, may be included.
- Those posting job changes may include a link to the appropriate press release, if such exists; however, please do not simply include a link to the institution or organization's main website or news site.
- Many academic appointments involve several rounds of reviews, with search committees recommending a candidate who is subsequently approved by a senior administrator or board. Please submit items only when the final decision has been made. It is fine to submit once that has taken place, even if there is a lag in when the person will assume his or her job.
- Inside Higher Ed reserves the right to make specific determinations regarding which job changes are appropriate for our listings.
For any questions or concerns about The Lists, please send an e-mail to Serena Golden.