What’s New at UVenus:
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten at UVenus at The Guardian Not for love or for money – why do a PhD? 
- Rosalie Arcala Hall at UVenus at The Guardian What will K-12 mean for universities in the Philippines? 
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten @UVenus featured in The Scholarly Web  at Times Higher Ed
- If you missed the #Femlead  Twitter chat, on Academic Leadership Opportunities for Graduate Students, led by Bonnie Stewart (@bonstewart ) on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 from 2-230pm EDT, you can read the archive of the conversation here .
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette at ProfHacker’s Teaching Carnival .
- Ernesto Priego will present a poster at the 1st meeting of digital humanists Red HD in Mexico City. Ernesto has also been organising the book launch of the graphic memoir for children he edited. It will be on Monday 28th May at the Free Word Centre, in London, England.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe narrates NOPE  and lists life lessons In Anticipation of Mother’s Day .
- Bonnie Stewart wrote about how social media can keep us from being lost , about the six key selves of digital identities , and her concerns about EdX , the Harvard + MITx = Next Big Thing in Massive Open Online Courses.
- Ernesto Priego shared his notes on why academic social media is political  and more notes on social media and blogging as public engagement .
- Melonie Fullick posted a news round-up of many Canadian higher ed issues  at her blog Speculative Diction, and has written a new essay on the path to the tenure track in Canada  (at Academic Matters  magazine).