What’s New at UVenus:
- Sarah Emily Duff at UVenus at the Guardian with Dispatches From South Africa: Making the Case for Vocational Training .
- Liana Silva at UVenus at the Guardian with My Graduate School Journey - Eight Years On 
- If you missed our recent #femlead  Twitter chat on Public Engagement, Higher Education, and Women’s Leadership, led by Mary Churchill , you can catch up by reading through the archives on Storify .
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Dr. Liana Silva successfully defended her dissertation on April 23rd, 2012 at Binghamton University.
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten participated with a paper on religion and nationalism at the 17th Convention of the Association for the Study of Nationalities, Columbia University, New York
- Melonie Fullick joined the McMaster Public Intellectuals Project  (Twitter page is here ) working on social media management and research/editing.
- Janni Aragon participated in a presentation about Twitter Outside and Inside the Classroom; gave a presentation on the 2012 Presidential Election to Silver Threads, a local Active Seniors organization; and co-organized-Breathe Now, a women's conference. Janni is finishing up her first year as the Chair of the Academic Women’s Caucus and looks forward to next year’s array of event.
- Afshan Jafar was a speaker at TEDxConnecticutCollege , April 14, 2012. The theme for the event was “Rethinking Progress” and she spoke on the subject of “Women’s Bodies”. Link to videos coming soon!
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Melonie Fullick wrote about the norms of classroom behaviour that make “introverts” and “extroverts”  stand out; she also posted a new Prezi based on her TEDx talk, “Building paths to impact: Academics using social media ”.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe rotated through Motherhood 360  and placed the current debate on Republican Mothers  in historical perspective.
- Liana Silva posted at Words Are My Game  about making it to her Dissertation Defense Day .
- Bonnie Stewart explored the unbearable lightness of being...digital , framed Bourdieu’s concept of distinction in terms of social media  and wished somebody important a happy sixth birthday .
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten on the Danish Flag Controversy or the Importance of Political Symbols  at her blog European Political Symbols and Communication 
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wrote about Degrassi and Abortion over at BitchFlicks .
- Janni Aragon wrote about the importance of reflecting about the term , catching her breath , needing to take time out for yourself , and thinking about reviewing student work .
- Don’t miss the next #Femlead  Twitter chat, on Academic Leadership Opportunities for Graduate Students, led by Bonnie Stewart (@bonstewart) on Tuesday, May 8, 2012 from 2-230pm EDT.
- Bonnie Stewart is developing and teaching a week-long course (May 7-11) on Digital Identities in “Mother of All MOOCs”: #Change11: Education, Learning, and Technologies Massive Open Online Course