What’s New at UVenus:
What’s New With Our Writers:
● Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe attended Northwestern University’s 2012 Best Practices Forum: Ideas to Action and acted on the networking lessons of the UVenus Challenge.
● Deanna Englandwill be presenting a paper on the implication of skin in relation to the SlutWalk movement at the University of Winnipeg Women and Gender Studies Colloquium on March 31.
● Janni Aragongave an invited lecture for the UVIC Recruitment offices to prospective students and their parents and she was on the Real Parenting Radio Show CFAX 1070 talking about Breathe Now and Tweens, Teens and Popular Culture.
● Mary Churchill acted as a process observer at the March 10th launch of the Improving School Choice initiative  with the Boston Public Schools.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
● Melonie Fullick discussed the lack of  reliable statistics  about graduate education at her blog, Speculative Diction, and also did an interview for McMaster’s Public Intellectuals Project  (here’s part one , and part two ).
● Janni Aragon wrote a movie review  about the Hunger Games; she also offered a tongue in cheek discussion  about student excuses. Janni explains  her involvement with Breathe Now and dispensed advice  for academic conferences.
● Don’t miss Tuesday’s #femlead  Twitter chat on Mentoring, hosted by Brenda Bethman.