What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 16 July 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- University of Venus launched at The Guardian (UK), becoming a content partner at the Guardian’s Higher Education Network. HE internationalisation: why awareness of cultural conflict matters  was our inaugural post.
- Teaching to the New Generation, was featured at The Technology Advantage blog  at Suffolk University’s Sawyer Business School.
- University of Venus was listed on the blogroll at Kathang Binang 2 : Weaving the world and word in the spirit of the Filipina Babaylan.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe presented on two panels at the National Association of Fellowship Advisers bi-annual meeting. The UK Chicago Consulate and US-Ireland Alliance receptions for UK and Irish University representatives were highlights.
At Our Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette wonders if there is an urban bias in education reform , explains why she has decided to take on a “service” role at her college , and discusses why she’s a Bad Female Academic because she likes getting dirty .
- We Need Less Talk, More Action Mary Churchill and Michael Brown talk about the future of higher education at Old School, New School.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe contemplates cultural and congressional excesses .
- Liana Silva reflected upon what home means for her and whether her new city can be home in her latest blog post: “New Homes, Old Homes (Or, What Happens When You Leave?) ”