What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 13 August 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- University of Venus at The Guardian (UK), Mental Health on Campus: How One University is Addressing the Problem , by Deanna England.
- In Saturday Soundbites: 6RBI edition  at NeurRealism, Leanne Doherty’s recent UVenus post on tenure gets a shout out.
- She’s Got It! - A spin-off from UVenus, debuts at Inside Higher Ed with an interview with Lynn Pasquerella, President of Mount Holoyoke .
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten co-chaired a panel at the Nordic Political Science Congress (NOPSA) in Vaasa, Finland. The theme of the workshop was Religion and nationalism: meeting points, conflicts and challenges. The final version of Anamaria’s manuscript has been submitted to the publisher and her book, Myth, Identity, and Conflict: A Comparative Analysis of Romanian and Serbian Textbooks, is scheduled for release on September 16, 2011 and now available for preorder at Amazon. Congratulations!
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette with Time For a Change: Integrating Peer-Driven Learning , In-Class Distractions Are Nothing New  and Bad Female Academic: Not Interested in Passing  at College Ready Writing.
- Mary Churchill with From Community Engagement to Public Impact at Old School, New School at The Chronicle of Higher Ed and with Michael Brown, The Double-Edged Sword of Academic Elitism  at Old School, New School at The Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Melonie Fullick and Ernesto Priego in “The Scholarly Web”,  by John Elmes, Times Higher Education.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe dances around an answer to, “What do you do?” 
- Ernesto Priego Disturbios en Londres  at Nexos; Narrando los Riots , at #SinLugar; and Father Robert Busa  at The Guardian.
- Liana Silva talks about sports talk radio and the lack of female participation in that medium in her blog post  at the sound studies blog Sounding Out! and Wanted: Someone to Write Fiction  at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- She Got a Big Ego: Thoughts on Dating with a Doctorate  at The Crunk Feminist Collective.