What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 30 July 2011
University of Venus Around the Web:
- University of Venus at The Guardian UK The risks of publishing: upholding freedom of speech for academics  by Denise Horn.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon Why the Adaptive Advising Tool Will Not Replace Undergraduate Advising  at Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog
- Lee Skallerup Bessette admits that she is a Bad Female Academic because she’s only a Partially Progressive Parent , exposes how “Grad School for All” is actually just as bad for faculty  as it is for students, and compares living in the city to livin’ in the country . She also talks about the roots of her research interests in “Moving Forward/Coming Full Circle .”
- Mary Churchill on Knowledge, Power, and the Politics of Life  at Old School, New School in the Chronicle.
- Melonie Fullick Know Your Value at Speculative Diction.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe fears tyranny of the minority .
- Ernesto Priego Networking Research as Paradigm Shift: Opening the Door  at The Networked Researcher and On Collaborative Blogging as Scholarly Activity: Parts 1  and 2  at PhD2Published.
- Liana Silva A Book is a Book is a Book (Or, On the Obsession With Print Books)  and I Didn’t Mean to Make You Cry (Or, My Two Cents on NPR’s “Songs That Make You Weep”  at Words Are My Game.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed:
- Identity Crisis: Gender, Class, The Humanities  at Reassigned Time 2.0.