UVenus Around the Web:
- Women in Research: Recommendations for Gender Equality in Higher Education : Anamaria Dutceac Segesten for UVenus at The Guardian (UK) .
- Prattle Nog builds on our UVenus post Deconstructing Proverbs in Hello New Day. 
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon Attended a Teaching in Cloud Based Environment workshop and co-facilitated a “Grad School” workshop at UVIC.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette offers advice on how to dress for your job interview for less . Historiann responds .
- Analysis: Thoughts on the Thorning Government - Anamaria Dutceac Segesten’s comment on the Danish elections in the journal of the University of Copenhagen, The University Post.
- Dr. Davis at Teaching College English reflects on Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe’s post about being a dilettante , reacts to Lee Skallerup Bessette’s post on what a blog post is , and writes her own guide on how academics can use twitter , where Lee is held up as a model.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon commented on Giving Thanks, offered thoughts about the #OccupyWallStreet Movement , and reminds us that we need to do things we enjoy .
- Lee Skallerup Bessette writes a letter to her daughter about why Mom and Dad work so much , tries some new rules for a better work-like balance , and laments that her peer-driven class still lacks motivation .
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe takes three deep breaths .
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
- Our favorite read of the week: Kate Clancy ’s The Three Things I Learned at the Purdue Conference for Pre-Tenure Women: On Being a Radical Scholar  at the Scientific American blog. Thanks to Leanne Doherty for tweeting it our way.
Did you take the challenge ? It’s not too late. Tell us how it’s going. Send us your tweets, emails, etc to @UVenus on twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be compiling responses for a post coming later next week.