What’s New at UVenus:
● A couple of shout-outs for University of Venus in this month’s Teaching Carnival at ProfHacker: At the University of Venus, contributing writers compiled their ideal student in “Dreaming of the Ideal Student ” and Afshan Jafar, at the University of Venus, helps us find “The  Missing Link in Teaching .”
What’s New With Our Writers:
● Shout out to Lee Skallerup Bessette in this month’s Teaching Carnival at ProfHacker: Lee Skallerup at College Ready Writing explores the connection between teaching and parenting in, “Lessons of Parenthood .”
● Mary Churchill worked with a group of neighbors and concerned stakeholders to launch the Dudley Square Education District Committee in Boston.
● Deanna England is contributing to a book on series, serials and sequels in children’s texts as writer and editor.
● Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe attended "Why Men (Don't) Study Abroad -- and How to Reach Them" by Jim Lucas, Michigan State University and gave a TedX-style presentation at Shepard Residential College: “Religion or Race? Pick Your Prejudice.”
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
● Melonie Fullick dishes up higher ed new tidbits  from December and January.
● Rosalie Arcala Hall was chosen leader of the Asian Public Intellectual Regional Project Assessment Team. The group is tasked to supervise a contractor which will conduct of an assessment of the 3-year project from January-June 2012. She will present the evaluation results at a workshop during the margins of the Regional Project Culminating Event in Bangkok, Thailand on 12-16 June 2012.