What’s New at UVenus:
- UVenus at The Guardian (UK) - Sarah Emily Duff with Visa Denied? Navigating the visa minefield for visiting academics .
- Erin Wunker at Hook and Eye gives UVenus a nice shout-out in her post, Two Words .
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon sat on a panel about international media speaking to Gender and News Coverage at NASH 74 the Canadian Student Journalists Annual Conference. Janni also attended Word Camp Victoria 2012 held at UVIC.
- Ana Dinescu published in latest edition of the Greek online publication re-public an article about the Hungarian far-right : How far is the Hungarian far-right from power?.
- Melonie Fullick wrote a Views piece at Inside Higher Ed about her top ten pet peeves in higher education journalism .
- Afshan Jafar started work on a new book: an edited volume titled, The Body in a Global World. The deadline for submission of proposals is March 10. For the full CFP, see http://www.cfplist.com/cfp.aspx?cid=219 .
- Itır Toksöz will be attended the 3rd Annual Eurasian Peace Science Meeting at the Center for Conflict Studies, Koç University, Istanbul on January 13-14 2012.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon blogged about Career Advice for Undergrads and chimed in about Difficult Students .
- Melonie Fullick takes apart the education-career equation  at Speculative Diction blog and The Times Higher Ed Scholarly Web blog reported on Melonie’s post  about PhD attrition and depression.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe writes in praise of Northwestern University’s Purple Politics .
- Ernesto Priegotranslated Kathleen Fitzpatrick’s MLA 2012 Presidential Forum address, “Networking the Field ”, into Spanish for the blog of the Mexican Digital Humanities Network ; Ernesto interviewed Mathew Hack, co-author of The Opinions of Tobias Grubbe, a multimedia web strip published by The Daily Telegraph which comments contemporary British affairs by setting them in the 18th century, over at The Comics Grid ; he also wrote an appraisal of the #tweetyourthesis hashtag on his HASTAC blog  and was cited by The Chronicle of Higher Education’s Wired Campus blog .
- In their “Academics on Academia” series, Liana Silva talks about the myth of the clear path to the professoriate and how that can affect graduate students and Janni Aragon discusses the importance of mentorship during her graduate school years .
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
- #TweetYourThesis  (Storify of tweets compiled by Ernesto Priego).