What’s New at UVenus:
- University of Venus at Times Higher Ed’s THE Scholarly Web featuring Deanna England  on the positive qualities of professors.
- University of Venus was mentioned as a group working towards “creating new futures in education” in “Forays  into  the Future  of Work ” by Lex Schroeder in Boston.com.
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon was interviewed by the Saanich News about women in politics http :// www . saanichnews . com / news /136444618. html  and by CFAX 1070 Radio about the Iowa Caucus Results.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette published a book review in the most recent  CEA  Forum  and her blog College Ready Writing was named on of the best Non-Academic Blogs  to read  for 2012  by SellOutYourSoul.com (a site for recovering humanities graduates).
- Lee Skallerup Bessette and Mary Churchill were prominently mentioned in Andrea Doucet’s piece in The Chronicle, Scholarly Reflections on Blogging : Once a Tortoise, Never a Hare .
- Mary Churchill’s photo, “Eminent Domain ,” was included in the group photography show, Space, at UForge  Gallery  in Boston. The show opened Thursday, January 5 and will be up through January 29. Eminent Domain is part of Picturing Roxbury , a photography project focused on capturing the rapidly changing urban landscape of her Roxbury neighborhood in Boston.
- Ana Dinescu published a book review in the CEU Political Science Journal, the December 2011 issue . She also signed a contract to publish a book covering her PhD topic, on the interethnic relations and intellectual representations in post-communist Romania. The book will be published in Romanian. An English version will be announced in the next six months.
- Melonie Fullick’s posts on depression in Ph.D. students and Lee Skallerup Bessette’s posts on taking action for adjunct faculty were mentioned in McMaster University’s Public Intellectual Project’s 2011 Retrospective on  Higher  Education and  new Ph.D.s .
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe’s review of Snow Hill : In the Shadows of  the Ephrata  Cloister  appears in this month’s edition of The Pennsylvania Magazine  of  History and Biography .
- Liana Silva found out she will be presenting at this year’s EMP (Experience Music Project) Conference, which will take place in New York City.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon made some suggestions for people  on  the academic  job market  and wrote about Rehashing Reverb : Habits .
- Melonie Fullick wrote a  follow-up  post  to her piece about Ph.D. students and mental health, at Speculative Diction blog.
- Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe invited everyone to share in holiday Fe ( a )stivities  then contemplated the Not-For-Profit  Mamas  pervasive in her family’s holiday viewing.
- Liana Silva reflects upon finishing the  first full  draft of her dissertation .
- Ernesto Priego unearths an old Mexican  comic  book f or The Gothic Imagination, a project at the University of Stirling, Scotland.
- Bonnie Stewart explored class, education reform, and the  myths that drive education ; then ruefully reflected on her own Christmas privilege .
- Janni Aragon is participating in the Human Library at Spectrum High School. She will give a presentation about Young Adult Literature and Politics.
- Bonnie Stewart will be featured on the CBC’s The Sunday Edition across Canada on January 8th, discussing the phenomenon of monetization in momblogging and social media.
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed These:
- Athene Donald on The Gift  of Pink. 
- Whitney Johnson at HBR blogs with Are You  Stuck in  a  Girl’s Club ?