The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Barnard College:  Meryl Streep, the actress.
- Case Western Reserve University:  Katie Couric, anchor of the "CBS Evening News."
- Hudson County Community College,  in New Jersey: Rev. Jesse L. Jackson Sr.
- Emory University:  Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of California.
- LaGrange College: Jim Leach, chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Occidental College:  David Brooks, columnist for The New York Times.
- Sarah Lawrence College:  Julianna Margulies, the actress.
- Smith College:  Rachel Maddow, host of "The Rachel Maddow Show"
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute: Curt Schilling, retired Boston Red Sox pitcher.