The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- Alma College:  Diego del Corral, an international education leader in Ecuador.
- Loyola University New Orleans:  Drew Brees, quarterback of the New Orleans Saints.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology:  Ray Stata, chairman and co-founder of Analog Devices Inc.
- Meredith College : Gretchen Holt Witt, founder of Cookies for Kids Cancer, a foundation that raises funds for pediatric cancer.
- Messiah College : Phil Thuma, director of the Malaria Institute, in Zambia, and faculty member at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and the Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health.
- Saint Michael's College,  in Vermont: Amartya Sen, Thomas W. Lamont University Professor, and professor of economics and philosophy at Harvard University.