The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers:
- City University of New York Graduate Center: Morris Dickstein, cultural historian and distinguished professor at the Graduate Center.
- Harper College: Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn.
- Kalamazoo College: U.S. Senator Carl Levin.
- Lehigh University: Elie Wiesel, the author.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology: Robert M. Metcalfe, ethernet inventor and Polaris Ventures partner.
- St. John’s College, in New Mexico: Steven L. Isenberg, Executive Director of the PEN American Center.