The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Belhaven University: Bob Doll, chief equity strategist and senior portfolio manager at BlackRock, and U.S. Judge James E. Graves, Jr.
- Birmingham-Southern College: Charlotte Ford, director of the college library and associate professor of library science.
- Colby College:  Tony Blair, the former British prime minister.
- Furman University: Richard Riley, former governor of South Carolina and former U.S. secretary of education.
- Lawrence University: Anton Valukas, court-appointed examiner in the Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., bankruptcy case.
- Linfield College: U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon.
- Mesa Community College: Rod Risley, executive director of Phi Theta Kappa.
- New School: Robert Hammond, co-founder and executive director of Friends of the High Line.
- Saint Martin's University, in Washington State: Mary Conley Law, recently retired registrar of the university.
- Shimer College: Wendy Doniger, Mircea Eliade Distinguished Service Professor of the History of Religion at the University of Chicago Divinity School.
- Southwestern Community College (Iowa):  Jill Biden, a professor at Northern Virginia Community College and second lady of the United States.
- Trinity College (Connecticut): Anne Fadiman, author, editor and teacher.
- University of Connecticut:  Joette Katz, commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Children and Families.
Wilson College:  Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda L. Kelly.