The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Colgate University:  Duncan L. Niederauer, chief executive officer of NYSE Euronext.
- Elon University:  Brian Williams, the NBC News anchor.
- Fisher College,  in Massachusetts: Maria Stephanos, news anchor on FOX25.
- Hartwick College:  Deepak Chopra, the author and health expert.
- Miami University (Ohio):  Wil Haygood, reporter at The Washington Post.
- Ozarks Technical Community College:  Senator Roy Blunt, Republican of Missouri.
- Rochester Institute of Technology:  Alex Kipman, an engineer at Microsoft.
- St. Norbert College:  Bud Selig, commissioner of Major League Baseball.
- Tulane University:  the Dalai Lama.