The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Babson College:  Patrick Awuah Jr., founder and president of Ashesi University College, in Ghana; and Kip Tindell, chairman and CEO of the Container Store.
- Chicago Theological Seminary: Ray Suarez, a senior correspondent with "PBS NewsHour."
- Fashion Institute of Technology: Fern Mallis, who created New York Fashion Week, and Rebecca Minkoff, the designer.
- LaGuardia Community College:  Lloyd Blankfein, the chairman and CEO of the Goldman Sachs Group.
- Pace University: Vartan Gregorian, president of Carnegie Corporation of New York; Joel I. Klein, CEO of Amplify; Michael Clinton, publishing executive at Hearst Magazines; and Malachy E. Mannion, a U.S. district court judge.
- Pitzer College:  Jon Lovett, former speechwriter for President Obama and co-creator of the NBC show "1600 Penn."
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University: S. James Gates Jr., the John S. Toll Professor and director of the Center for String and Particle Theory at the University of Maryland at College Park.
- Randolph-Macon College:  Katie Couric, host of "Katie."
- University of Maryland at College Park:  Cal Ripken, the former Baltimore Oriole player.