The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Baldwin Wallace University:  Mark Shapiro, president of the Cleveland Indians, and William T. Hiller, executive director of the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation.
- Cabrini College:  Lisa Johnson Nutter, president of Philadelphia Academies, Inc., and Michael O’Neill, co-founder and chair of the Philadelphia School Partnership.
- Central Community College, in Nebraska: J. Noah Brown, president and chief executive officer of the Association of Community College Trustees.
- Fayetteville State University: Donald Reaves, chancellor at Winston-Salem State University.
Middlebury College:  Diana Nyad, the swimmer.
- Miami University,  in Ohio: Forest Whitaker, the actor.
- Morehouse College:  Jeh C. Johnson, secretary of homeland security.
- Roger Williams University:  Governor Lincoln D. Chafee of Rhode Island.
- Saint Anselm College:  Bob Schieffer, anchor and moderator of "Face the Nation."
- Thomas University: Major General (Retired) Bernard “Burn” Loeffke.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute:  Bernard Amadei, founder of Engineers Without Borders-USA, and co-founder of the Engineers Without Borders-International Network.