The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2014:
- Berea College:  bell hooks, the author, and Silas House, the novelist.
- Case Western Reserve University: Mohamed ibn Chambas, joint chief mediator overseeing the Darfur peace negotiations for the African Union and United Nations.
- Eureka College:  Sister Judith Ann Duvall, chairperson of the OSF Healthcare System Board of Directors.
- Furman University:  Carl Kohrt, interim president of the university.
- Kennesaw State University:  Georgia First Lady Sandra Deal and others.
- LeTourneau University:  Robert D. Lawler, president and CEO of Chesapeake Energy.
- Mills College:  Daljit Bains, chief compliance officer at the Peace Corps.
Mount St. Mary's College,  in California: Maryann Cusimano Love, adviser to the U.S. Department of State and associate professor of international relations at Catholic University of America.
Owensboro Community and Technical College: Jill Biden, a community college professor and wife of the vice president.
Palm Beach Atlantic University:  Florida State Senator Joe Negron.
Skidmore College: Neil Shubin, the evolutionary biologist and author, and Janet Lucas Whitman, a trustee emerita of the college.
Texas A&M University:  Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples.
- Truman State University: N. Katherine Hayles, professor of literature and director of graduate studies at Duke University.
- University of the Arts: Robert Battle, artistic director of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
- University of Findlay: Darin E. Fields, the university's vice president for academic affairs, and Jeanne Kelly, founder and executive director of Encore Creativity for Older Adults.