Several American colleges are tracking down students and faculty members on programs or conducting research in Haiti, and the news was encouraging but incomplete Wednesday evening -- amid the devastation of the earthquake there:
- The University of Wisconsin at Madison  reported that two separate groups of students in the country are accounted for and unharmed.
- Lynn University  has not yet accounted for its students there, but has secondhand information -- via a tweet from a student -- that the students are fine.
- Blue Ridge Community College  also has secondhand information that its two employees and two students currently in Haiti are unharmed.
- Taylor University  has received word that a student and a faculty member are safe.
- A dean at Maryville University  is safe and keeping a blog.