Opponents of for-profit colleges were surprised -- and perplexed -- when Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a government watchdog group, joined in a chorus of criticism of Congressional Democrats' tactics in investigating the commercial higher education providers. Late last week, they seized on news reports saying that the group's director, Melanie Sloan, was leaving to work with Lanny Davis, the former Clinton administration official who has been among those at the center of the Washington defense of the for-profit sector.
- Consensus or Groupthink?
- Does the Messenger Matter?
- Social Sciences and Human Decency
- New Models for University Presses
- Challenge on Textbook Pricing
- Upcoming Events in Higher Ed: Independent colleges, Mathematics, Literature and languages, Liberal education, Undergraduate research
- Football Fever in Georgia
- Open Letter to SUNY Albany
Search for Jobs