Thai authorities last week charged Somsak Jeamteerasakul, a prominent historian at Thammasat University in Bangkok, with lèse majesté, a serious crime in the country, punishable by up to 15 years in jail, AFP reported. Jeamteerasakul has openly called for reforms of the Thai monarchy, but he maintains that by calling for reform (as opposed to elimination), he is not violating the law.
- Quick Takes: Clustering of Minority Athletes, Change Brings Controversy at UDC, UMass Plans Major Increase in Tuition and Aid, Pennsylvania Aid Plan, College Will Return Fossils to Tribe, Thai Academic Flees
- They Shoot the Intellectuals First
- The King and Yale University Press
- review of Roger Owen, "The Rise and Fall of Arab Presidents for Life"
- 'Unfamiliar Fishes' and Professor Vowell?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Anthropology Open Rank (Assistant, Associate, or Professor) of Anthropology in the College of Liberal Arts