The board of Kean University is investigating allegations of false statements on the résumé of Dawood Farahi, the president, The Wall Street Journal reported. The faculty union at Kean has questioned whether Farahi falsely claimed to have written more than 50 articles, including some allegedly published in journals that do not exist. Professors at Kean have had numerous conflicts with Farahi, and have charged that he does not respect the faculty role in governance, and that his priorities don't reflect academic needs at the New Jersey institution. A statement from Farahi denied the allegations and said that they were motivated by "hate, prejudice and greed."
- Kean president holds on to his job
- Kean University president faces questions about his academic record
- Kean U. administrator leaves suddenly amid plagiarism charges
- Kean U. defends purchase of $219,000 conference room table
- New program at New Jersey's Kean U. will limit the number of state residents
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories