The U.S. Department of State is investigating claims of exploitative living and working conditions faced by guest student workers at three McDonald’s franchises in central Pennsylvania, The Patriot-News reported. The students, who came to the U.S. on J-1 visas, staged a protest on Wednesday, and have petitioned McDonald’s for restitution and improved conditions for guest workers. McDonald’s said it is investigating the situation.
- Off-Campus Cancer Cluster?
- Commencement Speakers Announced: LIM College, Maryville, MGH Institute, Norwich
- Quick Takes: SMU Faculty Splits on Bush Center, More Scrutiny on Lender, Ex-Instructor Admits Fraud, Open Source Project, Study on Possible Alumni Cancer Cluster, GAO on Overhead, $100M for Psychiatric Research, Nobel Theft, Booze and Vomit at Cambridge
- Quick Takes: Outrage Over Bonuses for Loan Officials, Call for Reform of U. of California, Impact of Visa Limits, Released Scholar Faces Trial in Iran, Illegal Use of Funds in Utah, Illinois Severs Contract, Bush's Science Priorities, 59 and on the Team
- Quick Takes: Chemistry Nobel, Pa. Loan Agency Probed, Attitudes on Drinking, Media Group Censures Okla. Baptist, Dean Quits Following Drug Charge, French Intellectuals Back Philosopher, Gallaudet Protests Return, NIH Effort on Clinical Research
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories