President Obama will today announce a $100 million initiative to invent and improve technologies to understand the brain, The New York Times reported. Officials are comparing the effort's ambition and potential impact to that of the Human Genome Project. Part of the plan is to require study of the ethical implications of the new technologies and new research that could be enabled.
- In wake of controversy over Harvard dissertation on race and IQ, scrutiny for Michigan State researcher
- Predictions about higher ed technology in 2013 (essay)
- Unsettling the University-Territory Relationship via Applied Sciences NYC
- Quick Takes: Obama Adds to Science Team, RIAA Shifts Strategy, Milgram's Shock Experiment Still Works, Unusual Ethics Choice, Tufts Loses $20M, E-Mail About Va. Tech Killer, Morris Brown Survival in Doubt, Witch Sues Nebraska
- Tweaking Technology Transfer
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories