Robby Burleigh, a professor at Baton Rouge Community College, has been arrested on charges that he attacked his fiancée, who also is one of his students, The Times-Picayune of New Orleans reported. Police records state that the fiancée is pregnant and that a fight started over her desire to keep the baby. Burleigh teaches philosophy of religion, biomedical ethics, introduction to ethics and introduction to logic at the college. He faces charges of domestic abuse battery, false imprisonment and simple criminal damage to property. He told authorities that he did pin down his fiancée, but only to try to "calm her down."
- Quick Takes: Harassment, Ethics and Racial Preferences
- Quick Takes: Layoffs at Xavier U. of La., Georgia Press Withdraws Short Story Collection, Seton Hall Demotes Assistant Dean for Criticizing Church's Anti-Gay Stance, Jail Terms in Chico Hazing Death, Anti-Gay Comment Divides Duquesne
- Quick Takes: Election Day at Last, Early Results In: Endowments Down, Obama Backs College Football Playoff, Emory Reviews Research Policies, Elevated Debate at Southern U. New Orleans
- Quick Takes: Animal Rights Activists vs. Berkeley, Sallie Mae Warning on Loans, Contract for Part-Timers at GW, Flagship Leaders Under Fire, Cambridge Fires President, Virginia Returns Sculptures, Missing the Point of de Beauvoir
- Quick Takes: Admissions Hype '08, New Symbols for UNCF, Aid Effort for U. of California, LSU Chancellor Out, Mars Hill Settlement
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories