- Thoughts About the Dept. of Ed Symposium
- Education Dept. Accused of Misreading Law
- Education Dept. Won't Revisit Loan Rules
- Quick Takes: AAU Releases Principles on Loans, Congress Presses Education Dept. on Oversight, Community Colleges on California Ballot, New Adjunct Union, Violent Attacks on Education in Iraq, NCAA Bars Texting of Recruits
- Ed Dept. ratings framework ignites new questions over adjusting student outcomes
The Education Department has again rescheduled its “technical symposium” on the Obama administration’s proposed college ratings system. The new date for the daylong, public meeting is February 6, according to an email sent Thursday to presenters.
Education Department officials, citing poor weather conditions in Washington, D.C., earlier this week postponed the event and set February 20 as the new date. But, according to emails to speakers, officials have since decided they want to hold the conference sooner.
The symposium will feature presentations from more than a dozen people with expertise in higher education data who will make presentations on various aspects of the department’s proposal to develop a ratings system.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories