The Graduate Center of the City University of New York announced Friday that Paul Krugman, the Nobel laureate and professor of economics and political science at Princeton University, would be joining the faculty. He will switch universities but keep writing his column in The New York Times. At a time that many leading public universities worry about losing talent to private institutions, Krugman's hire was announced just after that of Cathy Davidson, who is moving to the Graduate Center from Duke University.
- Essay on the message it sends students when academic stars take jobs at public universities
- Essay on what hiring of Paul Krugman says about the values of public higher education
- Cathy Davidson's new big idea
- If a MOOC instructor moves, who keeps the intellectual property rights?
- Krugman's Challenge
- Duke U. professor plans massive collaborative effort to tackle the challenges facing higher education
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Duke, High Point, Rice, RIT
- Text vs. Text vs. Text
Search for Jobs