Mindset List, Class of 1915
August 25, 2011
The class of 1915 thinks:
- What Russo-Japanese War?
- Model T Fords have always been available to the public.
- Mr. Dooley has always been holding forth in The Chicago Post.
- Car windows have always been made of isinglass.
- William Jennings Bryan has always been fat.
- They may think the Haymarket Riot is some kind of rural misunderstanding.
- They have grown up with Coca-Cola.
- The Babcock Carriage Company has always been working on an electric car.
- What Boer War?
- King Kelly has never played baseball.
- Ragtime music has always been mainstream.
- Religious leaders have always been telling politicians what to do, or else!
- "Off the hook" has never had anything to do with a fish.
- Player pianos have always been available.
- Russia has always had a burgeoning Communist party.
- Women have always been secretaries.
- They were born the year Grover Cleveland became President for a second time.
- Classmates could include Dorothy Sayers, Jimmy Durante, and Fay Bainter.
- Half of them may have been members of the Frank Merriwell All-Youth-Sports Club.
- The Toledo, St. Louis and Kansas City Railroad has never run in their lifetime.
- No one has ever been able to sit down comfortably to a meal of meat packed by Lithuanian immigrants in Chicago.
- Sears, Roebuck has always been a larger retailer than A.T. Stewart and has always employed more workers than the beef-tallow-candle industry.
Tim Morris is professor and associate chair of English at the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Protests and controversy over how U. of Michigan responded to athlete's concussion
- Half a Loaf at Hampton
- New Presidents or Provosts: Berry College, Carleton U., Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal College, Ivy Tech CC, Mercer U., Robert Morris U.
- Truths R Us
- Gender Bias Alleged -- Again -- at Florida Gulf Coast
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
TempleUniversity is one of Pennsylvania's three public research universities. With an enrollment of some 34,000 students, Temple has a distinguished...
Lake Michigan College is located in southwestern Michigan, approximately 90 minutes from Chicago and 40 minutes from South Bend, Indiana. Situated on...