(Fictional?) MLA T-Shirts
With the annual meeting of the Modern Language Association coming up early next month, some social media fun is to be expected. This year the hashtag getting the laughs is #mlatshirts -- with the words that might be expected on a T-shirt getting packed for the meeting. Among our favorites:
- "Will refute you for food."
- "This is less of a question and more like three related comments."
- "Let me problematize that for you."
- "Your shirt is interesting, but let's talk about MY shirt."
- "Our Department Strives To Show Its Professionalism By Interviewing Candidates In A Comparatively Large Hotel Bedroom."
- "Just looked through the #mlatshirts stream and saw no MOOC references. Oh, the humanities!"
- "I'll save you the trouble of looking at my badge: I'm not worth talking to." (From an Inside Higher Ed blogger who most definitely is worth talking to.)