Coursera, edX Continue To Expand
- Coursera and edX add universities and hope to expand global reach
- Coursera commits to admitting only elite universities
- Stanford teams up with edX
- Amid coordinated effort to transform higher ed with Coursera, some faculty remained in the dark
- State systems and universities in nine states start experimenting with Coursera
Coursera and edX, the two major providers of massive open online courses, continue to partner with more institutions. On Tuesday, edX, a nonprofit started with money from Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, announced it has 15 new partners, including a half dozen in Asia. Both edX and Coursera, a Silicon Valley-based company, have recently touted the global nature of their efforts. Coursera last week gained a prestigious domestic partner: Yale University, which had been taking its time to reflect.