Green Light for Competency-Based Ed at Capella
- Lumina-funded group seeks to lead conversation on competency-based education
- Competency-based education heats up with new entrants
- Northern Arizona University's new competency-based degrees and transcripts
- Competency-based education's newest form creates promise and questions
- Direct assessment and the feds take on competency-based education
Capella University has received approval from its regional accreditor to proceed with a pilot program in competency-based education that does not rely on the credit hour standard, an approach called "direct assessment." The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools approved the for-profit institution's "FlexPath" bachelor of science in business and master of business administration. University officials said the direct assessment tracks could reduce the cost of a degree and the time needed to complete it.