What’s New at University of Venus? 12 November 2011
November 13, 2011 - 9:25am
UVenus Around the Web:
- At Prof. Janni Aragon’s Blog, Janni gave us a Challenge Update (find out more about the UVenus challenge here.)
- At Prattle Nog, Melanie Booth explains how she is using Learning Visits to meet the UVenus Challenge.
- Teach or perish: early career academics need course design experience: Afshan Jafar with UVenus at The Guardian (UK).
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon is representing the Political Science department for the 50th Anniversary Planning events at UVIC.
- What Not To Do - Afshan Jafar with Career Advice at Inside Higher Ed.
- The Northwestern News Network interviewed Elizabeth Lewis Pardoe about Northwestern’s Fulbright success.
- Anamaria Dutceac Segesten is currently a visiting scholar at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, where, among others, she held two lectures, one on Globalization and Europe, the other about the New Security Agenda/Human Security. She will be in Hong Kong for another week. (challenge)
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Lee Skallerup Bessette at College Ready Writing with: “Or Related Discipline...”: Who Gets to Teach? Who Gets on the Tenure Track; I’m a Swiss Army Knife; and Changing Course.
- Melonie Fullick posted a Canadian higher education news round-up for October 2011, at Speculative Diction blog.
- Janni Aragon was thinking about relationships on her blog this week with Managing the Workplace and Managing People.
- Liana Silva wondered if she could pass down to her daughter her love for reading at Words Are My Game.