What’s New at University of Venus - Week Ending 29 October 2011
October 30, 2011 - 3:46pm
UVenus Around the Web:
What’s New With Our Writers:
- Janni Aragon is sitting on the Dec 6th Memorial Planning Committee and is making connections across campus. (challenge)
- Lee Skallerup Bessette launches College Ready Writing at Inside Higher Ed! College Ready Writing: a blog about education, higher ed, teaching, and trying to re-imagine how we provide education.Lee’s blog is mentioned by selloutyoursoul.com as a blog that represents the voice of group (point number 7) in order to create a blog that people actually read.
- Mary Churchill co-hosted a networking event on Mentoring and Managing Graduate Students in the STEM disciplines. (challenge)
- Rosalie Arcala Hall was designated University of the Philippines Scientist 1. The competitive three year award was granted because of the prodigious amount of peer-reviewed publication output she produced from 2005-2010. She is one of five awardees from the University of the Philippines Visayas and the first social scientist in the University of the Philippines System to be given the award.
Our Writers At Other Blogs:
- Janni Aragon shared her notes from a social media talk and wrote about making the best out of a less than perfect class meeting time.
- Lee Skallerup Bessette with Bad Student: I Was an Undergrad Snowflake.
- Liana Silva thinks about what it means to be a feminist who wants to get married at Words Are My Game.
- Mary Churchill is co-hosting a networking event: Building International Collaboration: Advancing Women’s Leadership in the STEM disciplines on Tuesday, November 1.(challenge)
If You’re Not on Twitter, You Might Have Missed This:
Full-Time Lecturer Openings in Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship and Management, and Professional Communication
Fairmont State University, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, is part of the state’s growing high technology corridor...
Southern New Hampshire University is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited university with an 80-year history of educating successful professionals...