What We're Reading This Month: January 2014
January 30, 2014 - 8:58pm
- It’s Our Crisis, Not an Adjunct Crisis at Academe Blog. Responses to the adjunct crisis on Academe (ongoing).
- How To Stay Sane: The Art of Revising Your Inner Storytelling by Maria Popova at BrainPickings.
- MOOC MOOC: Dark Underbelly by Jesse Stommel & Sean Michael Morris at Hybrid Pedagogy.
- Jan Brady at Exhaust Fumes. On Being the “Middle Child” in the Higher Education Hierarchy.
- The Library of the Future Is Here by Brian Resnick at The Atlantic Cities.
- Happy 30th birthday to the Macintosh by Sebastian Payne at The Spectator.
- Funding the humanities: what story do we want to tell? by Earl Lewis at The Guardian.
- Mary Barry Brings Teaming to General Motors by Amy Edmondson at HBR Blogs.
- Why White Feminists Need to Shut Up and Listen When it Comes to Race by Briana Ureña-Ravelo at Feminspire.
- Vulnerability, Contingency, and Advocacy in Higher Education by Jesse Stommel at Jesse Stommel.
- When Rights Collide, in Quebec and at York and York Professor at Centre of Religious Rights Furor: Rights Code is the Issue by Paul Grayson at The Globe and Mail. On the ongoing coverage of the York University religious accommodation debate.
- Committing to play for a college, then starting 9th Grade by Nathaniel Popper at The New York Times.
- At The Grammys, Beyoncé And Jay-Z Made The Case For Marriage That Conservatives Can’t by Alyssa Rosenberg at Think Progress.
- Dear Girls: On Half a Lifetime Without my Mother by Claire Bidwell Smith at The Huffington Post.
Mount Vernon, IA
Richmond , VA
The Southwestern Community College District, located south of San Diego and extending to the U.S.—Mexico border, is one of 72 community college distri...
Developing disciples and scholars since 1899, Azusa Pacific is a comprehensive, Christian, evangelical university, committed to God First and known fo...