- Colleges name commencement speakers
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Tidewater CC, UNC Chapel Hill, Vanderbilt
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Emory, Franklin
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Central CC, Central Pennsylvania, C.W. Post, Elizabeth City State, Loyola, Mansfield, Nova Southeastern, Roanoke, Simon's Rock, U. of the Arts, Washington State, Willamette
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Benedictine, California Lutheran, DeVry, Jones County, Loyola, Lynn, Newberry, San Jose State, U. of Charleston, U. of St. Francis, U. of Tennessee, U. of Washington-Bothell
Commencement Speakers Announced: Duke, Loyola Maryland, Northeastern, Rice, UNC Chapel Hill
December 16, 2011
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Duke University: Fareed Zakaria, the CNN anchor and Washington Post columnist.
- Loyola University Maryland: Rev. Greg Boyle, founder and chief executive officer of Homeboy Industries, the largest gang intervention program in the United States.
- Northeastern University: Colin Powell, the retired four star general and former U.S. secretary of state.
- Rice University: Salman Khan, founder of the Khan Academy.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM) is a consortium of academically excellent, independent liberal arts colleges located in Illinois, Iowa, M...
Nassau Community College, a constituent member of the State University of New York system, is a comprehensive, full-opportunity institution of higher ...