New Presidents or Provosts: Indiana U. of Pa., Lackawanna College, Rasmussen College, Sierra Nevada College, SUNY-Adirondack CC, U. of Maryland-Baltimore, Wake Forest U.
March 20, 2012 - 3:00am
- Andrea Backman, director of new program development and academic approvals at the University of Virginia's School of Continuing and Professional Studies, has been chosen as chief academic officer of Rasmussen College, in Minneapolis.
- Shannon Beets, vice president of institutional effectiveness at Sierra Nevada College, has been promoted to executive vice president and provost there.
- Michael A. Driscoll, provost and executive vice chancellor of the University of Alaska Anchorage, has been selected as president of Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
- Brian Durant, interim vice president for academic and student affairs at the State University of New York's Adirondack Community College, has been appointed to the job on a permanent basis.
- Bruce Jarrell, executive vice dean at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, has been named chief academic and research officer and senior vice president at the University of Maryland in Baltimore.
- Rogan Kersh, associate dean of academic affairs and professor of public policy at New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, has been named provost and professor of political science at Wake Forest University, in North Carolina.
- Mark Volk, executive vice president of Lackawanna College, in Pennsylvania, has been chosen as president there.