Commencement Speakers Announced: Agnes Scott, Bloomsburg, Central Penn, Dickinson, Dominican, High Point, Mass. Pharmacy, Niagara County CC, Northampton CC, Roger Williams, U. of California-Merced, U. of Mass.-Lowell, U. of New England, U. of Richmond
April 18, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Agnes Scott College: Kay Krill, president and chief executive officer of ANN INC., parent company of Ann Taylor and LOFT.
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania: David Williams, president and chief executive officer of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of America.
- Central Penn College: Hasu P. Shah, founder and chairman of Hersha Hospitality Trust.
- Dickinson College: David Petraeus, director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Dominican University: Georgie Anne Geyer, foreign correspondent and syndicated columnist, and Newt Minow, former chairman of the Federal Communications Commission.
- High Point University: Laura Bush, former first lady of the United States.
- Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences: Lynda Young, president of the Massachusetts Medical Society (Boston campus) and Patrick Hughes, president and CEO of Fallon Community Health Plan (Worcester campus).
- Niagara County Community College: Wes Moore, a youth advocate, author, Army combat veteran and the host of "Beyond Belief" on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Northampton Community College (Pennsylvania): Arthur L. Scott, president of the college.
- Roger Williams University: Madeleine Albright, the former U.S. secretary of state.
- University of California at Merced: Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante of California.
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell: Ken Salazar, the U.S. secretary of the interior.
- University of New England: U.S. Representative Chellie Pingree.
- University of Richmond: Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia.
Building on a rich history of academic excellence, Bloomsburg University prepares and inspires students to become dynamic and confident leaders...
Since it was founded in 1897, San Diego State University has grown to offer bachelor's degrees in 89 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorate...