Commencement Speakers Announced: Albright, Atlanta Metropolitan, Bard, Baruch, Cheyney, Chicago Theological, Gannon, Hope, Mott CC, Rose-Hulman, Towson, U. of Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Wheaton (Ill.)
May 4, 2012
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2012:
- Albright College: Bob Spitz, the musician and author.
- Atlanta Metropolitan College: U.S. Representative John Lewis.
- Bard College: Cory A. Booker, mayor of Newark.
- Baruch College of the City University of New York: Christine C. Quinn, New York City Council speaker; and Thomas P. DiNapoli, New York State comptroller.
- Cheyney University: Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition.
- Chicago Theological Seminary: Father Roy Bourgeois, founder of the School of the Americas Watch and a prominent campaigner for the ordination of women in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Gannon University: Most Rev. Donald W. Trautman, bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Erie.
- Hope College: Heather Sellers, professor of English at Hope.
- Mott Community College: William S. (Bill) Ballenger III, a political writer, publisher and television/radio commentator.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology: Dean Kamen, the inventor and entrepreneur.
- Towson University: Bill Owens, executive editor of "60 Minutes."
- University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff: Joycelyn Elders, former U.S. Surgeon General.
- Wheaton College, in Illinois: The Reverend Canon Andrew White, chaplain of St George’s Anglican Church in Baghdad.
The University of Texas-Pan American, a Hispanic serving institution, is in the middle of one of the fastest growing areas in the nation, the southern...
Hofstra University is a dynamic, private University offering more than 145 undergraduate and 160 graduate programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences, Busin...