New Presidents or Provosts: Great Basin College, Haverford College, Nevada State College, Potomac State College-West Virginia U., United Arab Emirates U., U. of California-San Diego, U. of Tulsa
May 17, 2012 - 3:00am
- Mohamed Yousef Hasan Baniyas, vice provost for medical sciences and dean of medicine at United Arab Emirates University, in the UAE, has been promoted to provost there.
- Leonard Colelli, dean of the Eberly College of Science and Technology at California University of Pennsylvania, has been chosen as campus provost of Potomac State College of West Virginia University.
- Mark A. Curtis, vice president of academic and student affairs at Alpena Community College, in Michigan, has been selected as president of Great Basin College, in Nevada.
- Pradeep K. Khosla, dean of the College of Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University, has been named chancellor of the University of California at San Diego.
- Geoffrey Orsak, dean of the Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering at Southern Methodist University, in Texas, has been chosen as president of the University of Tulsa, in Oklahoma.
- Bart J. Patterson, interim president of Nevada State College, has been promoted to the job on a permanent basis.
- Dan Weiss, president of Lafayette College, in Pennsylvania, has been appointed as president of Haverford College, also in Pennsylvania.