New Presidents or Provosts: Gordon College, Lawrence Technological U., Palm Beach Atlantic U., Peralta CC District, Tennessee Technological U., U. of South Carolina-Aiken
May 23, 2012
- Janel Curry, Byker Chair in Christian Perspectives on Political, Social, and Economic Thought at Calvin College, in Michigan, has been appointed as provost at Gordon College, in Massachusetts.
- William M. B. Fleming Jr., interim president and vice president for development at Palm Beach Atlantic University, in Florida, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- Sandra J. Jordan, provost and vice president for academic affairs at Georgia College & State University, has been chosen as chancellor of the University of South Carolina at Aiken.
- Virinder K. Moudgil, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Oakland University, in Michigan, has been named president of Lawrence Technological University, also in Michigan.
- Philip Oldham, provost and senior vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, has been selected as president of Tennessee Technological University.
- José M. Ortiz, superintendent/president of Allan Hancock College, in California, has been appointed as chancellor of the Peralta Community College District, also in California.
(Note: This article has been updated from an earlier version to correct Philip Oldham's new title.)
The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey is one of America’s most distinctive public colleges, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educat...
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,450 students from over 45 states...