New Presidents or Provosts: Ashland Community-Technical College, Central CC-Grand Island, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mesa CC-Red Mountain, Northern Michigan U., Swinburne U. of Technology, U. of Maryland-College Park
August 17, 2012
- Patricia Adkins, president of Yuba College, in California, has been named president of Ashland Community and Technical College, part of the Kentucky Community-Technical College System.
- Patrick Burkhart, assistant director for workforce development at the Maricopa County Human Services Department, in Arizona, has been named provost at Mesa Community College's Red Mountain Campus and Downtown Center.
- Michael Calvert, dean for humanities and social sciences at Butler Community College, in Kansas, has been selected as president of the Grand Island campus of Central Community College, in Nebraska.
- Chris A. Kaiser, professor and chair of biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has been named provost there.
- Jennelle Kyd, deputy vice chancellor-academic and research and acting vice chancellor-international at Central Queensland University, in Australia, has been chosen as senior deputy vice chancellor and provost at Swinburne University of Technology, also in Australia.
- Paul Lang, interim provost and dean of the College of Professional Studies at Northern Michigan University, has been appointed as provost and vice president for academic affairs there.
- Mary Ann Rankin, CEO of the National Math and Science Initiative, in Texas, has been selected as senior vice president and provost at the University of Maryland at College Park.
Hunter College, located in the heart of bustling Manhattan, is the largest college in the City University of New York (CUNY) system...
Founded in 1902 by what is now the United Methodist Church, the University of Indianapolis is a comprehensive institution of higher education with a f...