New Presidents or Provosts: Drury U., East Georgia State College, Harding U., North Central College, U. of Arkansas-Little Rock, U. of West Florida, Yale U.
February 14, 2013
- Robert G. Boehmer, interim president of East Georgia State College, has been appointed to the job on a permanent basis.
- Troy D. Hammond, president of the energy services business at BlueStar Energy, in Illinois, has been selected as president of North Central College, also in Illinois.
- David Manuel, chancellor and professor of economics at Louisiana State University at Alexandria, has been chosen as president of Drury University, in Missouri.
- Bruce McLarty, vice president for spiritual life at Harding University, in Arkansas, has been named president there.
- Peter Salovey, provost and the Chris Argyris Professor of Psychology at Yale University, in Connecticut, has been selected as president there.
- Martha Saunders, former president of the University of Southern Mississippi, has been selected as provost and vice president of academic affairs at the University of West Florida.
- Zulma Toro-Ramos, dean of the College of Engineering at Wichita State University, has been chosen as provost and vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.