Commencement Speakers Announced: Arcadia, College of Idaho, Hampden-Sydney, Hood, Linfield, Manhattan, Misericordia, Saint Mary's (Ind.), St. Mary's (Md.), U. of Tennessee at Martin, Washington College
April 9, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Arcadia University: Trudy Rubin, foreign affairs columnist for The Philadelphia Inquirer, and Elaine Thompson, president and CEO of Lakeland Regional Health Systems in Lakeland, Fla.
- College of Idaho: Alan Dershowitz, the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law at Harvard University.
- Hampden-Sydney College: Eric T. Olson, a retired U.S. Navy admiral.
- Hood College: Tony Mendez, retired Central Intelligence Agency technical operations officer, who oversaw the “Canadian caper” plan to liberate 6 American diplomats from Iran.
- Linfield College: Theresa Betancourt, who directs the Research Program on Children and Global Adversity at Harvard University.
- Manhattan College: Charles H. Thornton, chairman of Charles H. Thornton & Company, a management and strategic consulting firm,
- Misericordia University: Carl Bernstein, the journalist and author.
- Saint Mary's College, in Indiana: Kyle Zimmer, president and CEO of First Book, a nonprofit organization that provides new books to children in need.
- St. Mary's College of Maryland: Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley.
- University of Tennessee at Martin: Richard G. Rhoda, executive director of the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.
- Washington College: Ed Rendell, former governor of Pennsylvania.
Since we opened our doors in 1960, the educators at Miami Dade College have focused on providing quality and innovative educational opportunities to e...
Cornell College is a nationally ranked, highly selective undergraduate liberal arts college of 1,200 students with a historic campus in the picturesqu...