Commencement Speakers Announced: Bard Simon's Rock, Fayetteville State, Fordham, Johns Hopkins, Lasell, Mount St. Mary's, Ohio Dominican, Roger Williams, Sacred Heart, Sarah Lawrence, UMass, Union
April 18, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bard College at Simon's Rock: Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Federal Reserve.
- Fayetteville State University: Sharon Orlopp, global chief diversity officer and senior vice president at Walmart.
- Fordham University: Richard Engel, chief foreign correspondent for NBC News.
- Johns Hopkins University: Alfredo Quiñones-Hinojosa, a neuroscientist and neurosurgeon at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Lasell College: Lucie Salhany, former chairwoman of Fox Broadcasting.
- Mount St. Mary's College, in California: Maria Contreras-Sweet, the founding chairwoman of PROAMÉRICA BANK.
- Ohio Dominican University: Stephen Steinour, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Huntington Bancshares Inc.
- Roger Williams University: John M. Barry, a historian and a biographer of Roger Williams.
- Sacred Heart University: E. Patricia Llodra, first selectman of Newtown, Conn.
- Sarah Lawrence College: Vera Wang, the fashion designer.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst: Kenneth I. Chenault, CEO of American Express Company.
- Union College, in New York: U.S. Representative John Lewis, a Democrat from Georgia.
Cornell College is a nationally ranked, highly selective undergraduate liberal arts college of 1,200 students with a historic campus in the picturesqu...
The University of Montana offers one of the richest learning environments of any campus in the nation...