Commencement Speakers Announced: Bates, Chestnut Hill, Colgate, Duquesne, Emerson, High Point, LaGrange, Mott CC, North Carolina Central, Northwestern (Iowa), Rosemont, Saint Michael's, University of Washington
April 29, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Bates College: Gary Hirshberg, co-founder and chair of the organic yogurt producer Stonyfield Farm.
- Chestnut Hill College: Mary Louise Quinlan, the author.
- Colgate University: Duncan L. Niederauer, chief executive officer of NYSE Euronext.
- Duquesne University: The Rev. Donald Wuerl, cardinal of the Archdiocese of Washington.
- Emerson College: Max Mutchnick, co-creator of the television show "Will & Grace," and Debbie Allen, the actress and choreographer.
- High Point University: Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple.
- LaGrange College: James H. Shepherd Jr., founder of Shepherd Center in Atlanta, a catastrophic care hospital specializing in the treatment of people with spinal cord or acquired brain injuries, multiple sclerosis and other related health issues.
- Mott Community College: Ira A. Rutherford III, former superintendent of Beecher Community Schools.
- North Carolina Central University: Johnny C. Taylor Jr., president and CEO of the Thurgood Marshall College Fund.
- Northwestern College, in Iowa: The Rev. Thomas De Vries, general secretary of the Reformed Church in America.
- Rosemont College: Diane Dalto Woosnam, an advocate for the arts.
- Saint Michael's College, in Vermont: Mark Shields, the television commentator.
- University of Washington: Jon Huntsman, former governor of Utah.
Adjunct - Clinical Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling, Pastoral Counseling, and Ed.D. in Co
Central College, founded in 1853, is a private four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Reformed Church in America...
The Southwestern Community College District, located south of San Diego and extending to the U.S.—Mexico border, is one of 72 community college distri...