Commencement Speakers Announced: American U. of Nigeria, Arkansas State, Boston U., Coker, Estrella Mountain CC, Fairleigh Dickinson, New College of Florida, NJIT, Portland State, St. John's, U. of Hartford, U. of La Verne, U. of Toledo, Wheaton
May 6, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- American University of Nigeria: Charlayne Hunter-Gault, the journalist and author.
- Arkansas State University: Bill Carter, the music producer and lawyer.
- Boston University: Wendy Kopp, founder and board chair of Teach for America.
- Coker College: Ted Shaker, owner and managing partner of Mercury Media.
- Estrella Mountain Community College: David Rousseau, president of the Salt River Project.
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: Jody Williams, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 for her work to ban landmines.
- New College of Florida: Judge Charles E. Williams of the 12th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology: Carlos Dominguez, senior vice president of Cisco.
- Portland State University: Richard A. Tapia, Maxfield-Oshman Professor of Engineering at Rice University.
- St. John’s College, in Maryland: James Schamus, CEO of Focus Features and professor of professional practice at Columbia University’s School of the Arts.
- University of Hartford: Christopher M. Dadlez, president and CEO of Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, and Bernard Cornwell, a British author of historical novels.
- University of La Verne: Tommy Lasorda, former manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Joe Trippi, the political consultant.
- University of Toledo: Sandra Pianalto, president and chief executive officer of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, and Jeff Wadsworth, president and CEO of the Battelle Memorial Institute.
- Wheaton College, in Massachusetts: Nancy Gertner, a former U.S. federal judge.
As the City College of San Francisco moves into the twenty-first century, our foremost vision is that we will continue to value and foster superior le...
Columbus State Community College has been dedicated to meeting the educational needs of our community for more than 40 years...