Commencement Speakers Announced: Atlanta Metro, City Colleges of Chicago, College of the Atlantic, Daniel Webster, Franklin Pierce, Hollins, Juilliard, Oberlin, Rutgers, Shaw, U. of Mass. Lowell, U. of St. Thomas, Washington U. St. Louis, Webster
May 9, 2013
The following colleges and universities have announced their commencement speakers for spring 2013:
- Atlanta Metropolitan State College: Ceasar C. Mitchell, president of the Atlanta City Council.
- City Colleges of Chicago: Sheila Simon, lieutenant governor of Illinois.
- College of the Atlantic: Paul Farmer, co-founder of Partners In Health, and chair of the Department of Global Health and Social Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- Daniel Webster College: John H. Lynch, former New Hampshire governor.
- Franklin Pierce University: Gary Hirshberg, chairman and co-founder of Stonyfield Farm.
- Hollins University: Johnnetta B. Cole, former president of Spelman College and Bennett College.
- Juilliard School: Laura Linney, the actress.
- Oberlin College: Tracy Chevalier, the novelist.
- Rutgers University at New Brunswick: Virginia Long, retired associate justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Shaw University: Cleveland L. Sellers Jr., president of Voorhees College.
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell: Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis.
- University of St. Thomas, in Texas: Robert P. George, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence and founder and director of the James Madison Program in American Ideals and Institutions at Princeton University.
- Washington University in St. Louis: Cory A. Booker, mayor of Newark.
- Webster University: Norbert Leo Butz, the actor.